Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Weekend - Part II

My first thought of food was at 3:42am when Lucy tapped me on the head and told me that it was time to go and feed the chickens. Mmmmmm chicken. But she went back to sleep and we woke at a more acceptable time of 6:30.

07:00 - BREAKFAST
Bacon and eggs on toast with mum's tomato relish
Piece of toast with Dad's quince jam
High protein, high fat, high carbs.

NO MORNING TEA
We were on the road to Melbourne for the birthday BBQ.

12:00 - LUNCH
Ribs, sausages, steak, chicken satay rice, salad, scalloped potatoes, cheesecake pavalova, beer, softdrink, and icecream cake.

I didn't overindulge in anything. 1 glass of beer (cheers Chris), half a can of lemonade, 5 ribs, 1 small steak, 1 chicken satay, half of Lucy's left over sausage, a spoonful of rice, a reasonably large helping of salad, a rather large serving of scalloped spuds (not proud of that), a small slice of cheesecake and pav, and about a spoonful of ice-cream cake that lucy insisted that she feed me. Actually looking at all that it was rather a lot of food. :S

NO AFTERNOON TEA
Still full from lunch and we were back on the road to Seymour so that I could drive back to Albury.

19:00 - DINNER
This is something I'm not proud of however again it was because I wasn't prepared. Lucy and I stopped at Macca's on the way home to Albury. We were both hungry and it was quick and easy. I wanted to get home ASAP. I had a medium Big Mac meal with a coffee. I could've had one of their salads but they taste like shit and are extremely over-priced. I didn't even bother looking at what other options they had because I just wanted to get food and get back on the road. This was the low point of the weekend. I felt like crap on the way home.

21:00 - POST DINNER
I finally get home and have a Milo. That's it. Busy weekend and just flaked it on the recliner and fell asleep.

SUMMARY
A tough day where I totally fell off the wagon. However apart from the Macca's I enjoyed the food I ate as it tasted so good. I hate bland, boring food. But if something tastes really nice I find it hard to stop. So even though I ate some of the wrong things, I don't think I went too overboard on the amounts. Or maybe that's for someone else to decide.

1 comment:

  1. Well that is what weekends are for. All the BBQ stuff was home made so not that bad. Wished I had have made the soup for you, you could have that instead of Macca's. Today is a new day :) Keep up the great effort. Fi

    ReplyDelete