Monday, May 17, 2010

Start of a brand new week

Monday morning and it was time to get back on track with my nutrition.

06:15 - BREAKFAST
Porridge with protein powder

I have to admit it wasn't as tasty as Golden Syrup however it was actually quite nice. The protein powder I use is a vanilla flavour (I get that because i can easily add my own flavours to it) and it had a bit of a natural sweetness about it. Even though it was still high in carbs, it was higher in protein than what I normally have.

10:00 - MORNING TEA
A bowl of blanched vegies with my low carb satay.

For the satay all I did was mix some vineger, peanut butter, water, chilli, and spring onions. Not as weet as the previous version however it still was very nice and went well with the blanched veg. I like this morning tea. It's quick and it's cheap. If I want to change the flavours I can switch out a satay for an Indian curried flavour or a mediterainian style sun-dried tomato and roast capsicum puree. Oooo, a roast pumpkin and sage sauce with a sprinkling of pine-nuts and basil.


12:15 - LUNCH
Corned beef and salad wrap.

I packed it out with a lot of lettuce this time however after eating just one of these I still feel unsatisfied with it. I didn't eat anymore and thought I'd just wait until afternoon tea. I managed to get through however I could've easily eaten a lot more.


15:00 - AFTERNOON TEA
Another serve of blanched veg and satay except this time I dumped 200g of tuna into it. Maybe I should've had this for lunch and had the beef and salad wrap for arvo tea.


18:30 - DINNER
Sausages and bacon, smashed roast pumpkin and peas, mixed veg.

Apart from the amount of fat in the sausages it was a pretty decent meal. Roast pumpkin lightly mashed is fast becoming a favourite of mine, and mixing in some peas made it very nice. A forkfull of pumpkin with these little bursts of flavour was really yummy. The bacon had to be used so it was just a mini-mixed fry-up.


21:00 - POST DINNER
Again, so tired and just wanted to go to bed. Had a slice of cheese and a milo. Lazy.


SUMMARY
Not an ideal day however overall not too bad. These changes are difficult to make as I'll sneak in a knob of butter to the pumpkin mash, or have the mindset that one slice of cheese isn't going to much of a big deal. I think I need to know the consequences of the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment