06:30 - BREAKFAST
- 2 eggs
- 1 rasher of bacon
- Tomato
- Capsicum
- spring onion
- 1 tsp parmesean cheese
- Oregano
- Salt and pepper
CARBS: 5g
FAT: 26g
Took a little longer than 4 minutes to prepare however making an omlette is something I do find enjoyable and easy. Let's face it, everything goes well with eggs. High on the fat scale, but low in carbs and high in protein.
- 2 cups of sliced veg (cabbage, carrots, capsicum, broccoli, brussel sprouts, bean sprouts, )
- 2 tbsp satay sauce (homemade)
CARBS: 14g
FAT: 3g
OMG, I think my tastebuds just had an orgasm. A tastegasm. Flavourgasm. This was something so simple to make and I could prepare it at work in about 3 minutes. I had a lunchbox full of the chopped veg (got a heap at home in a container full of water in the fridge), put two handfull in a bowl, top with hot water from the urn in the tea room, then nuke it for about a minute. Tip the water out and then top with the satay sauce and some spring onions. Done. Amazing taste and so fresh. Someone came in and commented on how lovely it smelled. The satay sauce was simply peanut butter, vinegar, sweet chilli sauce, corriander, and water. Very low on the protein here and a little high in the carbs but that was due to the sweet chilli sauce. Will need to work on a low carb satay sauce.
I felt really hungry very very quickly. It was a sudden hunger pain (didn't help that I was flipping through the latest issue of Delicious magazine while waiting for stupid servers to catch up), and it damn well hurt. Cracked out the protein shake that I was saving for the afternoon and that seemes to have worked. I think my body is saying "Oi dipstick, you forgot the protein in your last meal." And as my friend said, it could also be because all I'm thinking about at the moment is food.
13:30 - LUNCH
- 200g tuna (curry flavour)
- Mountain Bread
- Salad
16:30 - AFTERNOON TEA
Again it's a bit late but it's the same as morning tea. Blanched vegies with the satay sauce. Still missing the protein in this meal.
19:00 - DINNER
The last of the paella. It's just so damn good. I added more chicken to up the protein level.
SUMMARY
I could feel the wagon wheels wobbling a little today. So many times I thought, "just one slice of cheese won't hurt" or "Phuck it I'm making SBC* tonight". I'm craving that comfort food that I normally have on a Friday night. This is a real test of my willpower. I think giving up smoking was easier than this.
Next week I'll be getting into full experiment mode. Going to mum and dad's this weekend and then to my sister's on Sunday. Looking forward to it....and their cooking.
*SBC = Simmo's Baked Chicken. Way better than that KFC shit.
You need a Fat Friday or a Suck it up Saturday! A day in the week where you eat what you want and not feel guilty then start fresh the next day. You look forward to it and find yourself being good all week. Initially my day I was very bad but now I don't go overboard, just enjoy a glass or 2 of wine with dinner and a pre dinner snack like some chips or a dip. All your food looks yum. I look forward to breaking all the rules with you on Sunday, in particular the choc ice cream birthday cake!!
ReplyDelete