05:45AM - BREAKFAST
- Porridge with 1/2 cup of milk and 1 tbsp of Golden Syrup
Ahh porridge how I love thee on a cold morn. Just brings back so many good memories of my youth. I really don't want to find a substitute for this. :(
10:00 - MORNING TEA
- Cuppa Soup - Cream of Tomato with croutons
12:30 - LUNCH
- Corned beef, cheese, and salad roll
- Small popcorn
- Small lemonade
The corned beef and salad roll was OK except for the bread roll. Too high in carbs when I hadn't done any exercise before hand. However it's a cheap and easy lunch for work. Perhaps lowering the carbs by having mountain bread instead of a roll from Baker's Delight will be a better, yet not ideal, option. I know I should simply have a salad however they just don't fill me up and I find myself spending twice as much on food just to satisfy my appetite.
The small popcorn and small lemonade was definitely avoidable however I took Lucy to the movies and being her first movie experience I weakened and bought popcorn and drinks. Absolutely no excuses here.
15:00 - AFTERNOON TEA
Yeah this didn't happen at all. :(
18:00 - DINNER
- Curried sausages and rice
Wednesday nights I have dinner with Jen and Lucy so I don't have much control over what is put on the table unless I start cooking for them on these nights that I visit.
22:45 - POST DINNER
The only thing I have in the fridge is corned beef, cheese, and left over paella. And to be honest it's too late for me to eat anything just before I go to bed.
SUMMARY
Not a successful nutrition day but I didn't expect it to be, but it does give me things to think about. The soup stuff I'm really keen to try soon. The porridge thing is going to be a big hurdle.
No comments:
Post a Comment